The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is impacting the communities we live in, and many people are looking for ways to support those in need.
Our founder, Dan Creighton, recently donated 150 hot meals to disadvantaged families of the Dunbar community whose livelihoods have been impacted by COVID-19, also giving out $25,000 from his own pocket to hand $250 straight to 100 families who have been significantly affected. This act of kindness inspired our team and set the wheels in motion for a company-wide #CreightonCares giving challenge.
Now, we want to extend this challenge to you.
At Creighton Construction & Development, we believe we can all do our part, and we are challenging our community to join us in safely and creatively giving back with the #CreightonCares challenge. We encourage our partners, families and friends who have the means to help our community to join us in this effort. Whether it’s $5 or $500, your gift can serve as an inspiration to others.
The opportunities to give are endless, but here are a few ways to get involved:
- Purchase grocery store gift cards for the staff of your favorite locally owned restaurant whose hours have been cut significantly.
- Give to a local food bank or nonprofit who needs your support
- Purchase meals from local restaurants who are struggling and have it delivered to organizations or individuals in need
- Have groceries or supplies delivered to an elderly neighbor
- Order delivered lunch or send grocery gift cards to health care workers that you know
- Donate to your local health care provider to help fund critical resources and equipment for their COVID-19 response
We’d love to see what you’re doing. Post a photo of your efforts on social media, tag our Creighton Facebook page, and include the hashtag #CreightonCares.
Be safe. Take care.